Watch all my videos on YouTube!
Changing oil in a Ford Transit is a 10-minute chore, when you are properly prepared.
While oil changing procedures are generally the same from vehicle to vehicle, this series of steps was specifically done on my 2016 Transit LWB MR 3.7L-V6.*
- Park the van on a flat service.
- Raise the front of the vehicle a few inches with the use of blocks.
- Use wheel chocks to block any movement.
- Set the emergency brake and leave the transmission in ‘Park’.
- Use a tarp under the vehicle, to stay clean.
- Gather the correct wrench, oil filter wrench, oil drip pan, oil funnel, motor oil, oil filter and some rags.
- Remove the oil pan drain plug and wait for the oil to drain into the oil drip pan.
- Renew the oil filter.
- Reinstall the oil pan drain plug.
- Refill the engine with the appropriate, new oil.
- Reset the Oil Life Monitor.
Reset the Oil Life Monitor
- Switch the ignition on. Do not start the engine.
- Press the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time.
- Keep the accelerator and brake pedals fully pressed.
- After three seconds, a message confirming that the reset is in progress will be displayed.
- After 25 seconds, a message confirming that the reset is complete will be displayed.
- Release the accelerator and brake pedals.
- The message confirming that the reset is complete will no longer be displayed.
- Switch the ignition off.
Dispose of engine oils and/or oil filters at an authorized waste disposal facility.